Saturday, August 22, 2009

Stuff and Things

It's been a long time. Sorry about that. We've actually been pretty busy and yet I have nothing of interest to say. However, Matt took Luke for a "Men's Outing" to Fry's, so I have a little time to share some thoughts. Here's what I've been thinking.

1. I haven't finished a hot beverage since Luke was born. I used to reheat the coffee/tea multiple times, thinking that NOW I would have a chance to drink it. I was wrong. Now I just drink as much as I can in the walk from the kitchen to the living room and count myself lucky for that.

2. How annoying is this: "DJ! DJ! DeeeJayyyy! DJ! Deeeege! (Now higher pitched) DJ! DEEEEJAAAAAY! Come on Deege! DeeeJaay! DeeeeJaaaaaaay!" Did this make you want to come home? Yeah, it doesn't work for the cat my neighbor is calling either. And yet she continues to yell. Here's a thought: Don't let the cat out!

3. Luke is scooting around like a mad man. Right now he's got that "soldier crawl" down. He hasn't figured out how to lift his little bottom off the ground, but his arms and legs are moving in the right direction. I think it might be time to baby proof. Any advice would be appreciated!

4. I watched the movie Lars and the Real Girl last week. So good. If you haven't seen it you should go rent it right now. It's sweet and funny and not the dirty movie you think it is!

5. I put on my wedding ring the other day. Here's the back story: I've been wearing my grandma's ring (that Matt proposed with) since about month 3 of the pregnancy because my fingers had taken on a life of their own. The ring was always too big for me and I was afraid it would fall off, but "Big-Fat-Pregnant-Hands", my pet name for myself, filled out that ring. So my engagement and wedding ring have been sitting in their sweet little box for months and months. I've lost 28 of the 45 preggo pounds, so I thought for sure that the rings would fit again. Well, they don't. I wore my wedding band anyway because I was able to force it on. That was a bad idea. Let's just say that you CAN bruise the part of your finger between your hand and your knuckle. And it took a lot of soap and water to get it off. And I thought for sure we were going to need to go to the hospital and have it cut off. And it's still a little swollen. Lesson learned. 17 lbs to wedding ring.

6. Luke has become my sleeping buddy. It started innocently enough when he woke at 5am and I grabbed him and climbed into the guest room bed where we snuggled and slept a few more hours. Then it was after the 4am feeding. Now his middle of the night meal is 2am and I usually sleep with him from then on. He cuddles into me and looks at me with those sweet eyes and smiles. Sometimes he just stares at me with a smile on his face for a few minutes before falling asleep. Are you kidding me? I could die from the cuteness. But the other night he woke up at 11pm and wouldn't go back to sleep without me. Uh oh. Worrying change of events. I know I have to wean him (and me!) from this habit, but I'm going to give it another month before I begin. He will only be this small and look at me with those love-filled eyes for so long, and I'm going to take advantage of it for as long as I can.

7. Have you tried Pop Chips? You should. They're fantastic!

8. I bought Sprouted Flax at Costco and now need some recipes to add it to. Matt doesn't eat fish and needs his Omega 3s. Any suggestions?

9. Matt and I have been house hunting and it is the most frustrating process. Investors are buying up all the properties we like -- with CASH!--how can we compete with that? And the competition for houses that haven't been purchased by investors is ridiculous. My agent actually said to me the other day, "The next property we're going to see currently has 15 offers on the table, but none of them have been accepted by the bank." I replied, "We're going to skip that one. What else you got?"

I think that might be it. I'll empty the camera and put up some new pics of the little man very soon. Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment