Thursday, August 6, 2009

Sleepy Boy

I hurt my foot on our jog yesterday. I'm not sure how bad it is, but I don't think it's a good sign to feel a "pop" when you put pressure on the ball of your foot. I didn't think a jog or walk would be a good thing today, so I thought I would indulge my craving for pancakes and take Luke out to breakfast. I called my practically-across-the-street neighbor and friend, Debbie, to see if she wanted to join me, but she was in San Diego and didn't feel like making the drive for a couple of pancakes. I know, crazy right?? So instead, Luke and I dined alone. Well, I dined and he watched. He's quite good company. He got many oohs and ahhs from the other patrons and I was a proud momma.

But the real reason for this entry is what happened when we got home. We played for a little while and then he fell asleep on my drool-soaked shoulder. Seriously, my shirt is sopping wet. When I laid him down in his crib I just had to stop and marvel at the love I feel for this mini-Matt-with-a-SMIDGE-of-Lisa. I love when he is awake and smiling, but I LOVE to watch him sleep. I love it so much that we have a progression of sleeping Luke pictures that I'd like to share with you.


We'll start with sleeping in the hospital,











and with family (he's getting bigger!),















and finally, the many positions of Luke. I can't wait until he's allowed to sleep on his tummy. He sleeps so soundly! Stupid SIDS. I wonder what he dreams about? Hopefully milk and hugs and trees. He loves trees. The last picture is the inspiration picture of Luke sleeping today.













I can't believe how big he's gotten and how much he's changed since we brought him home. That's all. Thank you for indulging me and loving my little boy. As you can see, I'm pretty fond of him myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment