Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Happy Anniversary My Love

Two years ago today I had the privilege of marrying my teammate, my best friend and the love of my life. It was a long journey to get to where we are today, but I think it's been a pretty great ride. He is the only person with whom I can imagine sharing the blessing/challenge/joy/insanity of parenthood, and I am greatful for every day we spend together. In honor of this special day I wanted to share some things you may or may not know about my Matt:

He is extremely generous.

He doesn't hold a grudge.

He rarely stinks! The man can skip deoderant and hit the gym and come out smelling like (manly) roses.

He loves a mango.

He doesn't make me promises he can't keep.

He remembers everything and it drives me crazy. (There husband, I said it. Happy Freakin' Anniversary.)


He won me over by following me around my apartment and reading from my roommate's Human Sexuality book about the Grafenburg Spot. (Yes, it's what you think it is.) I had to ask my roommate if he was funny or creepy; she assured me he was funny. She was right.

He really thinks he could fly a helicopter in an emergency.

He is a wonderful daddy.


He was an early talker and one of his first words was "condominium".

He submitted to watching "Dirty Dancing" with me to prove I was special.

He built our home computer. It mostly works.

He has an incredible amount of patience.


He once hit Ian Ziering in the head with a penny.

He knows a lot about space. (Like that the biggest thing in the solar system is Jupiter's magnetosphere. See, I listen.)

He would like a Diet Coke with lemon, please.


He can do the work of at least two people and is rarely appreciated for it.

He can lift really heavy things.


He is insanely good at Guitar Hero.

He sometimes screws the gas tank on so tight that I have to ask strangers to help me get it open.

He folds his t-shirts like they are being displayed at a department store.

He hates Crocs.


He has donuts and McDonald's every year on opening day of the NFL draft. So I have donuts and McDonald's every year on opening day of the NFL draft.


He can't wait for Luke to be old enough to have donuts and McDonald's on opening day of the NFL draft.

He wants to know how everything is made.


He is the only person I know that has a favorite airplane. It is the SR-71 Blackbird, thank you very much.

He taught me that sometimes you have to come out of cover 2 and run a weak-side blitz.


He had insomnia in college and at hour 68 without sleep, a statue of a horse started moving.

He is a loyal friend.

He makes better chicken and pasta than me.

He hates the snow. I mean he REALLY hates the snow.

He has learned to love broccoli. I will take the credit for that one.

He used to have a Nissan Altima and all the hubcaps fell off one by one. Now when he sees one driving he always looks to see if it is missing a hubcap. It usually is.


He wants Luke to be a long snapper in the NFL (because that is the most underrated position and he will always make at least the league minimum).


He hates butternut squash and there is nothing I can do about it.

He knows a little bit about everything and I learn something new everytime we go on a roadtrip.
He always knows how to fix-it after a fight.

He bought me my own DVR so he didn't have to watch...well...any of my shows.

He wanted us to change our last name to Awesome when we got married. He was only partly joking.

He has a dimple on his cheek that he made by falling on the corner his toy box when he was a kid. Ouch.

He used to be in a yo-yo club in college. (Husband: "It wasn't a club! We would just yo-yo when we pulled all-nighters in the workshop, and I got really good at it." Wife: "Sure.")


He is very loved.


Happy Anniversary Husband, My Love, Mister, Hunnybunch, and BW (I'll give you a dollar if you can remember that one!). Eventually we'll make it back to our room at the Hyatt, but for now, I'm happy to just be wherever you are. On our wedding day I promised that I would spend every day trying to make you as happy as you make me. I hope it's working. I love you. Wife

5 comments:

  1. Thanks Wife! You hit the nail on the head with every single one of these! I LOVE YOU!

    P.S. - I wasn't joking at all about changing our name to Awesome.

    P.P.S. - I could TOTALLY fly a helicopter.

    P.P.P.S. - BW???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm that made me laugh a lot!! Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice wife! I think the Ian Ziering part is especially cool:) How many people can say they've done that?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That just made me cry. And it's not the pregnancy hormones - it's how lovely you are and what a great ode to an uber-deserving Matt this is! And now I will never get a Nissan Altima, even though I do love Nissans (Go 97 Sentra! Still rockin the Twin Cities!). I want you to come visit and it can be when there is no snow (that leaves you four possible months).

    ReplyDelete
  5. that was so sweet! sounds like you found yourself a fabulous guy!

    ReplyDelete