Monday, March 15, 2010

Sheesh

So the other day I kept dropping a pair of Luke's socks as I was trying to carry a folded pile of laundry to his room. On the 3rd drop I said, "Sheesh!", which is, of course, the closest I would ever come to vulgarity. My little man's brain must have been firing at that exact second because he immediately repeated, "Sheesh!", and continued to say it over and over again while laughing hysterically. This word now joins, "Uh oh!", "Oh, wow!", "Mama", "Dada", "baba", "ahhh" (after taking a drink or seeing someone take a drink), and "hi" (which hasn't made an appearance lately). That is possibly the best vocabulary ever.

I'm just awfully glad that he decided to copy mommy's language and not daddy's. There has already been talk of a swear jar, with 2-for-1 swears on Sundays during football season.

1 comment:

  1. Luke is so advanced. And sensitive - I mean, seriously, empathizing with your frustrations! What a good son. The F-word is probably just around the corner. It happened to my neighbors... I'm just sayin...

    ReplyDelete