Sunday, November 22, 2009

Trump Tower is Swanky

Matt and I had a free night from hotels.com and decided to use it at Trump Tower during our Chicago trip. I mean, why wouldn't we? It's freakin' Trump Tower. Here's what it looks like from the outside.





It was swank. I took pictures of everything because I want to live there forever but cannot currently afford it as I don't have a job that pays money. It only pays in laughs and cuddles. I wish it paid in laughs and cuddles and money, but two out of three ain't bad.


Here are Luke and I enjoying the nighttime view.




And here is just the view.




And here is Luke enjoying the morning view in his jungle jammies. He's the cutest Johnson by far.




Here is the swanky bed,



Matt and Luke enjoying the swanky iPod docking station,




the swanky coffee maker (every variety of espresso that you might desire),





the swanky bathroom,





and even a swanky do not disturb sign.





And here is the swanky baby loving the time with Mommy and Daddy!




They had robes and a pillow menu and a choice of every newspaper you could imagine to be delivered in the morning. We were spoiled and it was fantastic. They also spoiled Luke with a stuffed animal and a rubber ducky, a package of baby essentials (wipes, shampoo, body wash, lotion, 401k planning forms, just seeing if you're paying attention), a backpack with kid stuff that was all to old for him, crib, bathtub, and high chair all in the room. It was super fun and we were sad to leave.

Our next hotel was the Westin on Michigan Ave. It was a really nice hotel and half the price of TT, but they didn't give us refreshing hot towels upon check-in and robes and slippers were not waiting in our room. Needless to say, it did not live up to our newly raised expectations. We did not take any pictures.


Also, I have decided that our future home (including the already designed in my head steam shower in the master bathroom) will only have Kohler faucets. No other faucet will do. I think that Kohler faucets must make water happy because water just feels better coming out of one.

I hope you all have the chance to visit Chicago and Mr. Trump's Tower. Oh, how I miss them so!

1 comment:

  1. 1. Laughs and cuddles are way better than money.
    2. I'm bummed that the wedding I'm going to next fall is at the Westin on Michigan Ave instead of Trump Tower. I want a pillow menu.
    3. Your pictures are fantastic and Luke continues to be the cutest ever. I love him!
    4. Glad you're back safely. Next time let's plan a detour to Minneapolis or at least a meet-up somewhere in between. xoxo

    ReplyDelete