Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Matt and I just reminisced on last year's Thanksgiving and I wanted to share a sweet memory. After dinner we all went around and said what we were thankful for. Matt put his hand on my pregnant stomach and said he was thankful for me and the little guy in my belly. There were teary eyes and hand squeezes and it was a lovely moment that we played down out of embarrassment for being surrounded by so many people. But we remember. Who knew that I would end up with such a wonderful man? I'm a lucky lady.

I have so many things for which to be thankful this Thanksgiving:
Our lovely little Lukie who has made our life infinitely more special.
My incredible husband who is the best partner a girl could ask for.
A really special Mommy who is always there when I need a friend to talk to.
The health of all our family members.
Wonderful family and friends with whom to spend the day.

There are so many more things to mention (like Pequod's pizza) but I am also hoping to be thankful for the full night's sleep that Luke is going to let me have tonight, so I must go enjoy that (oh please please please please please).

I wish all of you a Happy Thanksgiving!

Love and gobble-gobble,
Lisa (Luke's Mommy)

1 comment: