Thursday, September 3, 2009

Just Sittin' Here, Being a Bad Mommy

This morning Luke happily swung in his swing as I sat down with a cup of coffee to watch a little "Good Morning America". Soon enough though, he turned himself sideways to try and see the TV. I made sure he wasn't going to tip over and thought for sure he was going to fall asleep any second, so I wasn't really concerned about the TV watching. However after 5 minutes of craning and awakeness I thought I'd better put on something a little kid friendly. Goodbye GMA, hello Harold and the Purple Crayon.
This caused him to not only twist in his seat to see the TV, but now he started to cry because he didn't have a good view. We've been up since 5:15am and have already eaten and walked and played on the floor and practiced crawling...and momma's tired. So in the hope of having 22 minutes of peace and quiet I just turned the swing to face the TV.
I am wracked with guilt, however, I just might finish a hot beverage today.

5 comments:

  1. The kid knows a sweet TV when he sees one, of course he wants to watch it. Just wait until next Sunday when football starts. He'll be watching 14 hours of TV with Daddy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhh, the Mommy guilt. It's brutal. I was practically in tears the first time I got Ben a Happy Meal from McD's. I thought he'd go into cardiac arrest right then & there. Oh, but I must say...sometimes TV is a sweet blessing from above, and will allow you to do wonderful things- like shower! Or make a phone call! Or clean up the kitchen! Also, bottom line- if he's safe, loved AND happy, how bad can it be?! (And thank goodness for commercial free shows on PBS).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I'm reminded of an apple and a tree, ...something to do with falling and the distance from said tree. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's all downhill from here. Just kidding. Baby Einstein DVD's are lifesavers, too, by the way. And interesting enough that I enjoyed them, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. funn. I did the same thing too with the swing. you have to!
    I also swore I would never buy a dvd player for my car...now the kids grab dvds on our way to the grocery store. ouch!

    ReplyDelete