Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Weekend at Nonni's

OK, so it wasn't the weekend. Semantics.

I wrote that line when I started this blog on 9/16. Today is 9/29. Luke started teething and stopped sleeping and started crying and stopped smiling for a while. I think the worst is over, but we'll see what comes next! So I didn't have the time/energy/proper attitude to write anything. Sorry for the delay. Grandma Jeannie and Papa Jim are coming on Wednesday, so there should be more updates the next couple of weeks.

Now, back to the quickest trip to Sacramento I have ever taken. Luke and I flew (yup, we sure did!) there on Monday morning and flew back home on Tuesday night. It was just a test run to try out the whole "flying with infant" thing and test how we would both do without daddy for a night. The flight there was fantastic. Luke is usually really happy in the morning, so I thought it would be a good time for us to head out. He sucked on a bottle during takeoff and landing and didn't have any ear issues the whole time. He slept a little and we played a lot of peek-a-boo. He was the toast of the plane.

He decided not to nap all day; I chalked it up to excitement over seeing Nonni (I mean, who wouldn't be excited!). We spent the evening with the Sheehan family and were very excited to see my step-sister Ashlynn and meet her boyfriend, Nick. Pictures to follow. However, that night proved to be a difficult one. Luke slept (so I slept) in 20 minute increments. Then 2 hour increments after 2 am. Teething had begun. The next day was filled with a couple of grumpy Johnsons and a scream-filled flight back to Sacramento. I was so stressed when I got off the plane that I almost cried when I saw Matt. This did not make me super confidant about our October trip to Sacramento. But I will be armed with teething gel and tablets and baby Tylenol and mesh bags for ice cubes.

All will be well, I'm sure. I'm all about the power of positive thinking these days. Here are some pics.

Luke and Uncle Mattie playing with an App that makes farm animal noises. Luke wanted to eat the phone.


Kenzie wanted to read to Luke, but he kept touching the book.


So she read it to him from very far away.



But they love each other!



Two little sweet faces.






1 comment:

  1. Nonnie on board! Do I have the cutest grandkids or what! October flight will be a piece of cake....you are now a pro!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete