Thursday, July 16, 2009

This is the dawning of...my blog.

First blog. A lot of pressure. Here goes.
I'm Lisa. This is me at my wedding.

This is my handsome husband, Matt, with some birds.



Here is us together looking cute.



This is our amazing son, Luke. He looks just like his daddy.



We have a pretty great life. I get to walk along the beach every morning with my little man. The big man has to go to work every morning so that I can continue to walk along the beach every morning with my little man. I'm a lucky girl.

Before I was a mommy I used to think that my days were busy. I had no idea.

Right now my life goes a little like this: wake up at 6am to crying baby, feed crying baby, try to put now wide eyed smiling baby back in his crib for just thirty more minutes of sleep, no luck, try bleary-eyed to play with baby, kiss husband goodbye, turn on singing mobile and brush teeth while baby plays in crib, restart singing mobile and get dressed, restart singing mobile again and drink protein shake, grab laughing and gurgling baby from crib and change baby's diaper and clothes because baby spit up, sing songs to baby while putting him in car seat and trying to finish protein shake, lug baby and heavy car seat down stairs, drive to beach, walk along the beach trail while baby observes and laughs and naps, drive home, lug baby and heavy car seat up stairs, play the "let's lay, sit, stand!" game with baby, have a little tummy-time, feed baby, put baby down for nap, take a breath...makecoffeeandoatmealdrink coffeeeatoatmealcheckemailandblogsandfacebooktakeshower, attend to crying baby, take another breath... sweepandmopfloorsdustunloaddishwashercleankitchencleanbathrooms, run out of time for anything else because baby is now awake and wants out of the crib NOW, stop for a second to marvel that 3 hours have gone by, refocus, feed baby, change baby's diaper and clothes because baby spit up, eat turkey slices and string cheese and apple while singing songs to baby and putting baby in car seat, lug baby and heavy car seat down stairs, go to Target for formula and Trader Joe's for groceries, lug baby and groceries and heavy carseat up stairs, play the "let's lay, sit, stand!" game with baby, put baby in the Baby Bjorn so I can do laundry, take baby out of Baby Bjorn and feed baby, put baby down for a nap, start cooking dinner, kiss husband hello, hand now awake baby to daddy, serve and eat dinner, bathe baby, put daddy in charge of baby, kiss husband good-night, brush teeth, collapse in bed. Repeat.

And you know what? I can't think of a better day.
First blog, done.

8 comments:

  1. Fun Lisa! I love my blog. Not only do you get to share little pieces of your life with your friends (and strangers!) but it's like a little diary you can keep. My friends and I all (mostly) have blogs and it is a way to vent and hopefully get a little reassurance from people who can relate!
    Because,really, if you can't have a little fun with your friends online what's the point?!

    Kelly (Fitts) Heskett

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it too Lisa... Can't let Kelly be the only one commenting :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't typically have a bunch of birds on me, just FYI. I'm not like, a part-time pirate or anything like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to blogging, it's kinda fun! And now you have one more thing to add to your crazy daily schedule! Excited for more pictures of Luke too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh my Lisa - Welcome to the world of "being a Mommy"! I am so glad you do feel lucky to experience this every day, for it is one of the best parts of your life. Enjoy it honey, it all ends way to quickly!
    I love you!
    Momma

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, Lisa! And Mattwithbirds! Luke is stunningly handsome. Good job! Okay also your blog made me really affirmed because this has been an amazing week for me but has also had its challenges (who knew?) and reading what three months later might possibly be/feel like just made me really excited about all the changes that are going to happen. (Even though, admittedly, I don't want this little peanut to grow because she is so cute and tiny I just want to suck on her limbs most of the time.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the dawning of the age of Aquarius, the age of Aquariuuuuuuuussss... Aquariuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuusssssss!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this blog. I love hearing about my PERFECT grandson. The webcam is the best thing ever to be invented since the wheel. It allows me to watch his progress and share in his preciousness. I love you guys.

    ReplyDelete