Thursday, January 28, 2010

Sick and Tired

Apparently you should not take your baby to those kids gymnastics places. All I'm saying is that we went to one last Wednesday and then on Thursday Luke was magically sick. That was a week ago. He's still sick. So much for trying to get out of the house to meet other moms and let my child socialize.

Sick baby is the worst, by the way. I got a small dose with vomitapalooza over Christmas, but that was really just one night of real sickness. This has been seven nights of runny nose and phlegmy cough. It sucks because neither of us is getting any sleep and there is nothing I can do to help him (we have baby Vicks on his chest, put on a steamy shower while we bathe him, spray baby saline up his nose and suck it out with the dreaded sucky, and have the humidifier on while he sleeps. Any other suggestions are welcome.). Last night I had a melt down and woke Matt up to take over. Then, I was so wracked with guilt that I couldn't sleep and just ended up taking over again and sending Matt back to bed. Mom guilt is heavy.

Matt has been fighting this cold, too. I have been flirting with it, but have so far not let it get past first base. Part of the reason I am so adamant about staying well is that my evening jaunts to the gym or yoga are my only time out of the house. Luke and I are in the apartment all day, and have been since last Friday. I took him to the grocery store yesterday and all hell broke loose when we got home. Suddenly today he has a fever to go along with the cold. Apparently we will be staying indoors for a while longer. I must remain well to keep my daily taste of freedom!

The Little General just woke from his nap and is now shouting orders. I'm armed with the nose sucky and ready for a fight. Wish me luck.

3 comments:

  1. It is so hard when they are sick! Especially the throwing up in the crib. When the kids were babies I used to have them sleep in their carseats next to my bed so they were somewhat upright. Heck, by the time Kyle came along he slept in it from day one. I hope he feels better soon!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am so sorry! At least this is building his immune system, right? Or am I just demonstrating how little I know about how babies work? Are you taking naps? I hope so. Good luck! I bet the worst is over!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly, that's a really good idea. We actually just switched to the convertible seat and put his infant seat in storage, otherwise I totally would have done that last night. I guess 3 kids teaches you a few things, huh? Thanks!

    E-NC(wac), yes, immune system building is good. You are a very smart and practical mommy and know many, many things about babies. I did take naps this week and went to bed last night at 7:30. Today looks much better. And Luke seems a lot better. I think we are on our way out of this!! xo

    ReplyDelete