Wednesday, January 20, 2010

9 Months and Rain

Luke and I braved "Storm Watch 2010" to get to his 9 month check-up on Wednesday. He is 28" and just under 20lbs. I think maybe he secretly removed a limb or something while he was being weighed because my arms and back would swear he weighs more than that. I talked with the doctor about Luke's separation anxiety since it has been in full effect for a solid two months. He said that it's perfectly normal and IT MAY JUST BE PART OF HIS PERSONALITY. That makes me a little nervous. I really wish he would have just stopped at "It's perfectly normal..." and then added, "and it should be over tomorrow." I'm still hopeful that one day he will willingly go to other people, but I'm trying to appreciate all the attention I'm getting right now. I know I'll just be sad and want it back again once it stops.

The craziest part of the check-up was when the Dr. said he wanted to see us in three months when Luke is one year. ONE YEAR!! Holy cow. I'm not prepared to think about that right now. Moving on.

So, thanks to this whole "weather" thing we have discovered that Luke loves walking in the rain. He laughs and helps me hold the umbrella and has reminded me how fun the rain can be. But how hard is it to get the kid out of the car seat and hold the umbrella at the same time when it's pouring outside? Yeah, it's impossible. I have to run and jump in the backseat and close the door, get the kid out of the seat, put up his hood, grab the umbrella, and rush to open the door and umbrella at the same time to avoid soaking myself and the inside of the car. Luke always stays nice and dry, but I've basically been sopping wet all week. But his sweet little giggles make it worth the soggy jeans.

I keep forgetting to get pictures of him in his cute red raincoat. (That was supposed to be posted here.) Instead, here's what Luke looks like when he's playing with a balloon.



Anyway, Luke is all kinds of happy and healthy and sweet and cute and we love him so much. We Johnsons are a lucky little family.
Happy weekend everyone!

1 comment:

  1. He is such a boy. Like a full-blown KID. I think the separation anxiety must be a good reminder that he is still a baby as year 1 starts to wrap up. Well, that and the carseat-in-the-rain circus routine. He is cute. I miss him. And his cute parents.

    ReplyDelete