Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Sac Town, Day 1-3

Day 1 included a delayed flight but just the best baby in the world. We chilled at the airport for a long time and I managed to keep him awake so he slept nearly the whole flight.

Day 2 (through 3) opened with an extra-needy Luke, which I mistook for him just extra-loving his mommy. In reality, daddy's food poisoning last weekend may have been a little flu bug that Luke brought with him as a carry on. Sorry to all those on flight 2378 from SNA to SMF. He didn't want to eat all day and then started vomiting at about 6:30pm. Then there was projectile vomiting at about 7:15pm. Then there was a third round at about 7:30pm. Then he passed out. I had a very nervous night that included a bottle of water and lots of walking and rocking from around 1-3am, but he managed to keep most of his water down. When we woke up at 6:45 he had 9 oz of water. Seriously, 9 oz. And still, very little wetness in the diaper. Apparently he needed it. Poor baby. He doesn't want to eat much today, but he did manage a whole piece of toast with breakfast. The kid loves toast.

BUT...2 very exciting things happened before the puking began. Thing 1 is that Luke did his first spontaneous wave at a stranger in the grocery store. So sweet! And as he's laughing about the wave I see that he has a 3rd tooth breaking through up top! What an adventure at the grocery store! I'm sure that teething wasn't helping the sick situation, but when it rains, it pours, I guess.

So now we are hoping that all goes well the rest of the day and tonight. We are supposed to go cut down the Christmas tree tomorrow and eat pumpkin doughnuts (with Nicole's recipe!!) and decorate and have family fun, but only if the little man is up for it. He is happy and playful and cuddly, but I can tell he's not 100%. Sick baby makes me sad.

Also, big thank-yous to the Movo's and my fantastic mom and family who kept me very calm about the whole "Oh my gosh that is so much puke coming out of my child!" situation. I guess when you have kids you just get used to seeing them throw up sometimes. Awesome.

I hope all is well with everyone. I will post pics when i get back to HB. Merry Christmas Eve, Eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment